Rodale Inc. and BermanBraun Launch Premium Lifestyle Channel on YouTube
Joint Venture to Showcase Best-in-Class Fitness and Healthy Living Video ContentMay 8, 2012 By Press Release
New York - April 19, 2012—Rodale Inc. and BermanBraun today announce the launch of a YouTube channel featuring original fitness and healthy living video programming entitled "3V." The channel was created in a joint venture between Rodale, the leading healthy lifestyle publisher and BermanBraun, an independent media company that creates cross-platform entertainment, to offer innovative and entertaining online programming to a global audience.
"As a digital media company, harnessing the power of online entertainment for our audiences is a priority," said Maria Rodale, Chairman & CEO, Rodale Inc. "These channels will merge the best in entertainment and the best in health service journalism for must-see online programming."
The 3V channel, which stands for Vigor, Verve and Vitality features content at the intersection of healthy living and entertainment. Both Rodale and BermanBraun worked in tandem to co-produce, script and cast 3V channel shows and episodes.
"Couple Rodale’s health experts with a massive YouTube audience and we're poised to connect with millions of health-and-wellness-minded consumers all over the world," said Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun of BermanBraun.
The new 3V channel can be viewed here. Programming already underway includes:
· Fitness Fail: Comedians will provide weekly commentary on the funniest health and fitness videos from YouTube. Our hosts will provide more laughs than the video clip itself.
· YouCube: For those who spend most of their time at a desk, we're providing great health and fitness advice woven into a hilarious narrative. Don't miss our everyday guy try to impress the office beauty.
· 30 Second Fitness: Boost immunity, cut calories, upgrade your workout and more with this quick hitting series that covers the health and fitness spectrum.
· Your Best Body: Shaping, sculpting and building advice from people with spectacular physiques. Each episode will focus on achieving the best of a specific body part (such as Your Best Abs).
· Woman v. Workout: In each episode, our fearless female host accepts a new fitness challenge tackling all types of exercise, from doing back flips on skis to mastering Capoeira - and manages to keep her sense of humor.