Call for Submissions for New Blog Highlighting Media Tech Startups
Publishing Executive is known for serving up the most reliable insight and analysis on the media and publishing industry. One of our editorial goals is to report on the many, many ways technology is disrupting and empowering content-centric businesses. In an attempt to keep our readers informed of the latest technological innovations driving the media businesses forward, we’re launching a blog that will give a voice to burgeoning companies that are shaking up the market. It’s called Media Pitch.
The blog will feature media technology startups that are three years or younger. It’s called “Media Pitch” because it’s an opportunity for startups to pitch to our audience of senior-level decision-makers in the media and publishing sector.
Right now we’re looking for recommendations on innovative technology startups to feature and calling for submissions. If you know of a noteworthy startup, please shoot us a note or share this article with them -- or if you are a media tech pioneer yourself, email Publishing Executive editor-in-chief Denis Wilson (email@example.com) and follow the submission guidelines below.
Media Pitch Blog Submission Guidelines
Format: The format for Media Pitch is a simple Q&A in which entrepreneurs tell us how their latest press or technology is unique and why the publishing industry should take notice. (Check out our sister publication Books Business’ startup blog The Futurists.)
Must be a Startup: To be featured on Media Pitch, you must be a technology-based startup serving the magazine publishing and/or broader media industry and must have released its first product 3 or fewer years ago.
No Hogwash: Media Pitch is intended to explore how a startup’s solution meets a challenge or creates an opportunity for publishing and media companies. Submissions that are full of marketing speak and PR hogwash or that don’t answer the questions directly and substantively will be rejected.
Must be Innovative: Not just new. Innovative technology solutions for uplifting the media business.
Please Answer These Questions:
- Who are you? What is your technology and how does it work? Who are the entrepreneurs behind it?
- Explain your existence: What problem are you solving or opportunity are you enabling? How are you unique and innovative?
- Inspiration: How did you come up with this idea? How does your new tech solution reflect changes and trends underway in the media world?
- Results: How have you or do you plan to help media companies increase revenue or cut costs? Can you quantify this?
- Share some wisdom: What do you think are the most important trends affecting the media business today? What do you see that no one else sees?
- What’s Next? How do you plan on expanding or improving on your offering? Where do you see opportunities for growth?
LENGTH: 500-600 words
(See Contributor Guidelines for further editorial guidance)
We reserve the right to reject any blog submissions that do not meet these requirements or our editorial standards for quality and independence.