This year’s key developments will centre on online video, mobile apps and further moves towards distributed content. Mounting problems around online display advertising will lead to a burst of innovation around journalism business models.
- Facebook/Google/Apple battle intensifies over the future of mobile and the discovery of content
- Messaging apps continue to drive the next phase of the social revolution
- Mobile browsing speeds up thanks to initiatives by platforms and publishers
- Ad-blocker/publisher wars move to mobile – they rage through 2016
- Fraud and fake traffic further undermine faith in online advertising