5 Helpful Tips for Publishers - Feed Your Audiences
The following are five tips from Feedburner, the largest feed management provider on the Internet with more than 3 million subscribers. Feedburner helps bloggers, podcasters and publishers to deliver their content, understand where it’s going, how it got there, how many people are consuming it and how much it’s worth.
Feedburner also has launched a feed-driven approach to interactive advertising on Web sites that enables marketers to reach an entire publisher’s audience in more timely and relevant ways. By using the content and the structure of RSS and Web feeds, it gives advertisers unique, new placements—such as continuous ads, ads that dynamically appear only on content posted within specific timeframes, ads associated with highly active content and more.
1) Syndicated content is one of the most efficient ways to expand your reach online. Offer feeds (RSS, Atom, etc.) for your most popular areas of expertise.
2) Offer a blog as a way to give columnists a two-way, interactive venue to connect with readers.
3) Understand how many people are reading your syndicated content, how active your subscriber base is, what editorial is most popular, where your content is being re-syndicated, etc.
4) Turn audio and video content into podcasts and videocasts, and use directories as a way to further expand reach and attract new audiences.
5) Uncover new online advertising dollars by monetizing RSS feeds.