Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition Available Sept. 19 as Part of Creative Cloud Membership
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Sept. 19, 2012 — Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced the latest addition to Adobe® Creative Cloud™ — Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS), Single Edition. DPS, Single Edition significantly simplifies the mobile app development process by enabling designers to create and deliver digital publications to iPad through the Apple App Store, without writing a single line of code. Adobe Creative Cloud is a membership-based service that lets creatives download and install all of Adobe’s desktop applications and also get online services for file storage, sharing, collaboration, and publishing. Adobe is currently offering Creative Cloud membership at US$29.99 per month for anyone who has purchased CS3 or later.
With DPS Single Edition, members can create single-issue content, such as marketing material, brochures, product guides or personal design portfolios, and submit an unlimited number of apps to the Apple App Store for publication, at no additional cost. This gives freelance designers, design agencies and small-to-midsize businesses easy access to the same core digital publishing technologies that leading publishers worldwide are using.
The new, enhanced workflow in DPS Single Edition makes designing and building single-issue apps easier than ever. Designers can use Adobe InDesign® CS6 (included with membership to Creative Cloud) and the integrated DPS services to create “ready-to-publish” apps. These apps can be easily previewed on an iPad and when complete, submitted to the Apple App store through Apple's standard app submission process. Customers can also update their Single Edition apps at no additional cost after they have been submitted to the Apple App store.
David Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Media Business, Adobe
· “Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is helping the publishing industry by enabling them to transform their print publications into beautiful digital experiences. By giving our rapidly growing base of Creative Cloud members access to the same publishing platform, we're empowering the broader design community—including freelancers, design shops and corporate publishers—and following through on our commitment to keep Creative Cloud members ahead of the curve. Creative Cloud members can expect to see more new tools and services in the weeks ahead.”
Graham Peace, founder, Graham Peace Design
· “Publishing my portfolio as an iPad app using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition has proven to be an incredible value and enabled the teams I work with to transform and present my work in ways I never imagined. Including DPS Single Edition as part of the Creative Cloud membership gives me endless possibilities to use the latest apps, software, and services to create, update, and publish individual iPad portfolio apps that will help me win future clients.”
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
Digital Publishing Suite is a set of turnkey hosted services and viewer technology that tightly integrates with Adobe Creative Suite® 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud. Using Digital Publishing Suite in combination with Adobe InDesign CS6 allows traditional media publishers, corporate organizations, ad agencies as well as individual freelance designers and small design firms to publish, distribute, monetize and optimize a new class of innovative digital magazines, newspapers, ads and corporate publications on leading tablet devices. The Digital Publishing Suite is available in Enterprise, Professional and Single Edition offerings.
For more detailed information about product features, pricing and language versions, please visit www.adobe.com/digitalpublishing. Additional information about Digital Publishing Suite is on the Digital Media Blog. Connect with the team on Facebook at www.facebook.com/adobedigitalpub and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/adobedigitalpub.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition is included as part of Creative Cloud membership at no additional cost, or is available on Adobe.com for US$395 per app as a standalone product*. Adobe Creative Cloud membership for individuals is US$49.99 per month based on annual membership and US$74.99 per month for month-to-month membership. Customers who own an individual license of any Creative Suite edition or single product, version CS3 or later, are currently eligible for an annual membership price of just US$29.99 per month for their first year. Education pricing is also available.
For more detailed information about product features, pricing and language versions, please visit www.adobe.com/go/dps.
· Digital Media Blog
· Digital Publishing Blog
· Workflow for Creative Cloud and DPS Single Edition (video)
· DPS Single Edition Preparation / Getting Started (video)
· Creating Your Single Edition Folio (video)
· Building Your App (video)
· Submitting Your App to the Apple App Store (video)
· Customer Story: Graham Peace Design (text and video)
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences.
Source: Press Release