BookTech Conference to Feature Top Industry Executives
"The book publishing industry is undergoing a major transformation, and book publishing executives at every level are constantly facing new roles and responsibilities. Everyone is trying to figure out how to create new revenue opportunities and take advantage of evolving publishing technologies, from repurposing content in multiple media to implementing successful multi-channel marketing and reaching readers through nontraditional means," says Noelle Skodzinski, BookTech Magazine's editor in chief. "The 2006 BookTech Conference & Expo has been designed to give book publishing executives practical solutions they can apply today to their businesses in all of these new areas."
Because of the significant changes the industry has gone through, the Book Tech Conference itself has evolved, introducing a brand-new Book Business track, focusing on publishing management, and an entire track centered on Marketing and Distribution. The program content on production and workflow that has earned the conference its reputation for excellence will continue to feature leading experts from book publishing companies.
Branded "Managing the Evolution," the conference, scheduled for March 20-22 in New York City, reaches out to book publishing executives who are taking on many new job responsibilities in their positions. The conference's marketing campaign shows executives wearing a dozen name badges bearing different titles and functions, such as publisher, revenue generator, asset manager, online strategist and content integrator.
Top executives from the industry's leading publishing organizations head the roster of speakers, including:
• Deborah Allen, Publisher, Black Dome Press
• David Borgenicht, President and Publisher, Quirk Books
• Sue Cole, Director of Book Production, Disney Publishing Worldwide
• Tad Crawford, President, Allworth Press
• Jeff Gomez, Director of Internet marketing, Holtzbrinck Publishing
• Alex Humphreys, Director of Online Engineering at Oxford University Press
• John Morse, President and Publisher, Merriam-Webster Inc.
• Niko Pfund, Vice President and Publisher, Academic, Professional and Medical division, Oxford University Press