Hearst's David Carey, UBM's Paul Miller, Dwell's Michela O'Connor Abrams and AIM's Skip Zimbalist III to Address Industry's Future
The Publishing Business Conference & Expo (PBC) has announced the speakers for its Magazine Executive Keynote Panel:
• David Carey, President, Hearst Magazines
• Paul Miller, CEO of UBM Electronics and UBM Canon (Publishing)
• Michela O'Connor Abrams, President, Dwell Media
• Efrem (Skip) Zimbalist III, Chairman and CEO. Active Interest Media (AIM)
• Moderator: Debbie Bates-Schrott, President, Bates Creative Group LLC
The keynote panel will be held on Tuesday, March 20 (the second day of the two-and-a-half-day conference), at 11:05 a.m. These leading publishing executives will address major issues and opportunities facing the publishing industry, such as:
• How are publishers overcoming the impact of the economy and a shifting advertising marketplace to grow print ad revenue and readership?
• What new revenue streams are they developing that are having a major impact on their businesses?
• How are they building their audiences?
• How are they providing readers and advertisers with maximum value?
• What is the future for print publications and digital editions amidst an increasing tablet-centric consumer environment?
• How are publishers building substantial digital revenue?
These are just some of the questions that will be explored during this major industry event, where the leaders behind some of today's most successful publishing companies and brands will share their insights and strategies for thriving in today's—and tomorrow's—media world.
"We're thrilled to have David, Paul, Michela, Skip and Debbie on the keynote panel," says Noelle Skodzinski, PBC program director. "We specifically wanted executives who lead companies that have been profitable in print and/or digital and that have found significant complementary revenue sources to build on the strength of their brands … and who are just extremely insightful about the industry changes taking place. This is an extremely important panel, and the issues they'll be discussing are make or break for a lot of publishers."
PBC will be held March 19-21 at the New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square. In addition to approximately 40 sessions and 100-plus speakers, the event features the industry's largest expo of book and magazine publishing technologies, services and solutions. For more information or to register, visit the PBC website.