Executives from Microsoft, Meredith 360 Among Speakers for Free Publishing Business Virtual Conference
The Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo has announced speakers for its third-annual event. The free virtual event, held October 27, is produced by Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines, and is designed to uncover real opportunities in digital content for book and magazine publishers.
Speakers confirmed to date include:
- Gilles Biscos, President, INTERQUEST
- Christoph Brem, Vice President, Global Sales, Attributor
- Alex Brown, President, Printmark
- Samantha Cohen, Simon & Schuster
- Matt Kammerait, Quad/Graphics
- Rosemary Carlough, VP Marketing, AMACOM Books
- Joan Davidson, Group President, The Sheridan Group
- Annette Ehrhardt, Senior Director, Simon-Kucher & Partners (Zurich/Switzerland)
- John D. Fauller, Director of Print-to-Mobile Solutions, Conde Nast
- Karen Howe, Director of Marketing, Microsoft Tag, Microsoft Corporation
- Frank Luby, Partner, Simon-Kucher & Partners (Boston)
- Patricia Payton, Senior Director, Publisher Relations & Content Development, Bowker
- John Puterbaugh, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Nellymoser
- David Renard, Partner, mediaIDEAS
- Andrew Sambrook, General Manager, IDG List Services
- Jeannine Shao Collins, Executive Vice President and Innovation Officer, Meredith 360
- Sameer Shariff, Chief Executive Officer, Impelsys
- Kathy Smith, Senior Vice President of Sales Administration, HarperCollins Publishers
- Neil Stiles, President and Administrative Manager, Variety
The conference's website will be updated regularly as new speakers are added.
The Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo is free to attend, and since it's virtual, attendees can access sessions right from their own computers. The speakers will share expert insights and advice on a range of publishing-relevant topics, including:
* Increasing digital edition open rates
* Best practices for managing e-book metadata
* Trends and opportunities in digital book printing
* Maximizing revenue in a multichannel magazine publishing market
* Using social sharing to increase Web traffic for magazine publishers
* Consumer e-book trends and attitudes toward e-book pricing
* QR Codes Decoded: How they are being used to unite print, mobile and Web and how you can benefit from them and the analytics they offer
* Tapping Apps
* The Do's, Don'ts and Profitable Strategies for digital rights management
* and many more.
From their desks, attendees can participate in the sessions, ask questions, download resources, earn giveaways and chat with other attendees, speakers and exhibitors of leading publishing solutions and services.
You can view the Publishing Business Virtual Conference 2011 agenda and register at: http://virtual.publishingbusiness.com/registration.
The conference is being sponsored by leading publishing industry solutions providers, including SPi Global, Sheridan Magazines, and Zinio.
If you can't make it to the event on Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET), you can still register and attend the conference on-demand. It will be available for three months following the live event.