Gold Ink Awards Competition Deadline Extended
North American Publishing Company (NAPCO) has announced that the deadline for submitting entries to the 18th annual Gold Ink Awards competition has been extended. The late entry deadline has been extended to May 18, with a $10 late fee per entry.
The judging process will take place over the course of several days, beginning May 20, during which each submitted piece will be analyzed by top publishing executives who will judge the entries based on their production/manufacturing and aesthetic quality.
This year's judges include:
- Greg Captain, manager, The New Yorker imaging center, Conde Nast Publications
- Jane Chero, vice president, production, North American Publishing Co.
- Harris Fogel, chairman, media arts department, University of the Arts
- Peggy Foxman, director of print production, Toys R Us
- Charles Hames, production manager, NYU Press
- Marsha C. Hoffer, Production Manager, Columbia House
- Matthew Hollerbush, senior lecturer, University of the Arts
- Robert M. Hoover, operations supervisor, manufacturing department,
- Donna Loyle, editor-in-chief, Catalog Success magazine
- Gina Montemurro, production manager, North American Publishing Co.
- Gretchen Morris, catalog manager, Edmund Industrial Optics
- Jennifer Pezanowski, senior graphic designer, TV Guide
- Rosemary Sirico, production director, Aerosoles
- Lisa Woodard, director/creative services, Lenox Collections
Winners will be showcased in the September/October issue of BookTech Magazine and PrintMedia magazine, as well as honored at the Gold Ink Awards and PrintMedia Hall of Fame gala in Chicago, during Print '05, on Monday, Sept. 12.
For more information, or to download an entry form, including a full list of eligible print categories, visit http://www.GoldInk.com. Or contact Mike Cooper, sales manager, at (215) 238-5434 or MCooper@NAPCO.com.
After May 13, ship entries to NAPCO's new address (the company is moving), at 1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 1200, Philadelphia, PA 19130-4094, to avoid delay.