Hearst Magazines Digital Media Launches Five Unique Native Advertising Products
New York, May 28, 2013 – As native advertising continues to evolve, Hearst Magazines Digital Media today announced the launch of five unique solutions that integrate sponsored features across Hearst’s mobile, video and traditional online content as well as social platforms. The innovative suite of products offers easily identified, effective, elegant solutions that work for brands and resonate with consumers.
At the core of the suite is a Native Content Module – a teaser box that integrates naturally with the page’s content theme. Users click through to find partner-supported,
contextual information on the topic of interest.
"These new solutions allows us to deliver real time opportunities for marketers in a way that is native and authentic to the user experience," said Kristine Welker CRO of Hearst Magazines Digital Media. "Native advertising is not new to Hearst. Our next-generation native solutions are multi-dimensional, work in conjunction with many platforms and scale across our brands and portfolio of sites, because to be truly native, you can’t take a
'one size fits all' approach."
"Hearst's foray into the native advertising space is a testament to its ability to continually transform traditional advertising models into dynamic digital experiences,” said Robin Steinberg, MediaVest executive vice president and director of publishing investment and activation. “We live in a world where context plays such an important role in the content we consume. These new products create and deliver experiences that are transparent, relevant, flexible and measurable at the right time, in the right place and to the right audience."
The native advertising solutions suite is comprised of five content options:
• Developing Story – A page that features evolving stories on a specific theme and can live on multiple sites across the network. Contextual content from an advertiser is paired with a specific developing story.
• Trend Collage – A brand-specific photo grid around a topic that resembles a pinboard, which may be curated by editors or built with advertiser images. This solution also enables ecommerce, allowing for click-to-buy transactions.
• Video Playgroup – This solution aggregates ultra-short form, themed video content into a single page, and includes videos developed by or for advertisers that can be served across multiple sites to optimize scale.
• Social Live Stream – This vibrant scroll integrates selected tweets, Pinterest pins and social media posts onto a sponsored page around a theme – fashion week, auto show, etc. Marketers may also integrate social media posts from their experts.
• Mobile Flipbook – An image-based mobile ad unit that highlights the top content on the site. Marketers receive placement in this unit, which drives traffic to a sponsored flipbook.