The 10 Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
• Option to work compressed work weeks: No
• Employee Assistance Program: Yes
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: No
• On-site fitness/wellness programs: Yoga classes twice/month at lunch.
• Free fresh fruit, coffee and popcorn.
• Monthly company pizza/sandwich luncheon
• Flexible work hours
• Domestic partner benefits
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee of the month ($100) and year awards
Other programs or practices that promote a healthy work/life balance:
• Flexible to accommodate personal/family commitments and appointments
• Employee/team charity participation
Why San Diego Magazine thinks it’s a great place to work:
“Our company believes in rewarding creativity, passion and hard work. We hire the best talent, empower them to make their own decisions and reward them for producing a great product.”
3. Cahaba Media Group
U.S. Headquarters: Birmingham, Al.
President: Walter B. Evans Jr.
Cahaba Media Group publishes two national monthly trade publications, Pumps & Systems and Construction Business Owner; two Web sites, Pump-Zone.com and www.ConstructionBusinessOwner.com; and several e-newsletters.
• Number of new hires*: 6
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 0%
• Bonus or incentive program for all employees: Yes
• Employee Stock Option/Profit-Sharing Program: No/Yes
401(k) or 403(b) savings program:
• Employer match: discretionary annual contribution (1% of company revenue is contributed to the plan)
• Paid holidays/year: 8
• PTO includes: one bank of time for vacation, sick and personal
• PTO available after 1 year of employment: 12
• Maximum # of PTO days: 15