The 10 Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
Highlights: Editors can work from home several days/year.
• Option to work compressed work weeks: No
• Employee Assistance Program: No
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: No
• On-site fitness/wellness programs: No
• Free fresh fruit/candy
• Section 125 Cafeteria plan, allows employees to avoid paying income tax on dependent-care expenses.
Why Cahaba Media Group thinks it’s a great place to work:
“A strong focus on core values, and an emphasis on attitude and having a great company culture combined with great talent and a solid business model have generated stellar results. We set out to create a great place to work rather than just the most profitable. We discovered that having a great place to work attracts great people, weeds out poor performers, and therefore delivers great financial results.”
U.S. Headquarters: Phoenix, Ariz.
CEO: Chris McMurry
McMurry offers marketing communications services, including custom publishing, to clients such as GlaxoSmithKline, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co. and CVS Caremark, as well as resources to 10,000+ corporate professionals.
• Number of new hires*: 29
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 10%
• Bonus or incentive program for all employees: Yes
• Employee Stock Option/Profit-Sharing Program: No/Yes (equal for all employees)
401(k) or 403(b) savings program: No
• Paid holidays/year: 0
• PTO includes: one bank of time for vacation, sick and personal
• PTO available (immediately after hire): 24
•Maximum # of PTO days: 34