The 10 Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
Highlights: Available on a case-by-case basis.
• Option to work compressed work weeks: Yes
• Employee Assistance Program: Yes
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: On-site gym (Saratoga Springs location).
• On-site fitness programs: Yoga, strength training, weight loss, cardio-fitness, others.
• 100% paid maternity leave for six weeks
• $800 toward home nurse, cleaning and/
• or breast-feeding supplies; lactation room
• Company-paid domestic-violence leave
• Subsidized fitness-membership costs
• Adoption assistance
• Domestic partner benefits
• 100% company-paid dental plan, covers bleaching and other cosmetic services
Other programs that promote a healthy work/life balance:
• Spot recognition awards (spa treatments, weekend getaways), among others
• 5, 10 and 15 years of service receive $1,000, $2,500 and $5,000, respectively
Why McMurry thinks it’s a great place to work:
“McMurry has a values-based culture that guides everything we do, the very best staff to be found anywhere, and the freedom to do great work.”
5. Jameson Publishing
U.S. Headquarters: Erie, Pa.
CEO: Jim Roddy
Jameson Publishing (JP) produces national IT trade magazines, such as Business Solutions and Integrated Solutions, and generates more than $13 million in annual revenue.
• Number of new hires*: 15
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 8%
• Bonus/incentives for all employees: Yes
• Employee Stock Option/Profit-Sharing: No/No
401(k) or 403(b) savings program:
• Employer match: 100% (max.: 6%)
• Paid holidays/year: 13
• PTO includes: vacation and personal time
• Vacation days available after 1 year of employment: 10-15 (varies, per experience)