The 10 Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
• PTO days available after 1 year: 15
• Maximum # of PTO: 30 days
Highlights: Flexible schedules. Employees can modify schedules to work from home certain days of the week. Eligible employees work at home/remotely.
• Option to work compressed work weeks: Yes
• Employee Assistance Program: Yes
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: No
• On-site fitness/wellness programs: Brown-bag lunch programs on wellness/health.
• Discounts to nearby restaurants
• Domestic partner benefits
• Tuition reimbursement
Other programs or practices that promote a healthy work/life balance:
• Paid time off for community service
Why Onboard thinks it’s a great place to work:
“Onboard Media is unique because of the incredible people that work here. Our culture and unique environment is not only what propels us and drives us to succeed—it’s also what makes this a fun and enjoyable place to come into work each day!”
8. Hanley Wood LLC
U.S. Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
CEO: Frank Anton
Hanley Wood LLC serves the housing and construction industries with four operating divisions that produce magazines and Web sites, trade shows/events, rich data and custom marketing solutions.
• Number of new hires*: 248
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 19%
• Bonus/incentives for all employees: No
• Employee Stock Option/Profit-Sharing Program: No/No
401(k) or 403(b) savings program:
• Employer match: 0%
• Paid holidays/year: 12
• PTO includes: vacation, sick and personal time
• Vacation days available after 1 year: 10