Is Your Organization Taking Full Advantage of Social Media?
We all know that social media is important -- it's where news breaks, content goes viral, and social change is spurred. But is your entire media organization taking advantage of these influential platforms? Is your staff working strategically about boosting your brands and driving reader engagement through social? Do you even have a social media strategy?
Many publishers still struggle to capitalize on social media because they lack a clear strategy, fail to set measurable goals, and overlook the need for cross-functional collaboration. Which is why Publishing Executive is launching the Social Media & Inbound Marketing Master Class in partnership with Grow Socially. Hosted at the New York City Union League on October 16th, this interactive seminar will instruct media, marketing, and audience development specialists on effective social media practices that will grow audience and revenue.
This Social Media & Inbound Marketing Master Class is ideal for editors, marketers, audience development, publishers, and brand managers. Through a combination of lessons, discussions, and hands-on exercises, attendees will learn:
- Opportunities: How can publishing and media professionals use social media to advance their objectives? What do they stand to gain from improving their strategy and execution? Where are they currently falling short?
- Setting Goals: What should their goals be? What metrics and KPIs are important for planning and executing social media strategy? What platforms are proving effective for what kinds of content? How do you choose which ones to focus on?
- Growing Social Users, Engagement & Traffic: How to drive more traffic and increase audience engagement. How is social media engagement defined? Is some social media traffic better than others?
- Conversions: New audience development and acquisition strategies. Growing subscriptions (newsletters, magazines, premium content), using social media for promoting events, etc.
- What's next: How to use social media to engage new markets and appeal to the next generation of consumers. The importance of social for mobile.
Leading the master class is John Foley, CEO and CMO of the social media marketing company Grow Socially. Foley will guide attendees through each session and explore social strategies most effective for the publishing sector. Foley, who was ranked #15 on Forbes' "50 Most Influential CMOs on Social Media" in 2014, brings years of experience to this event and will provide real-world examples of what has worked on social media, why it has worked, and how publishers can implement similar strategies in their own social marketing efforts.
Sign up for the Social Media & Inbound Marketing Master Class here!