Thought-Leaders from IDG, Condé Nast Digital, Wolters Kluwer Health, Bonnier Corp. and More to Speak at Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo
The Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo has announced its preliminary lineup of speakers for "Digital Content Day @ Your Desk" (Sept. 16), a free virtual event produced by Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines, focusing on the real opportunities in digital content for magazine and book publishers.
Confirmed speakers to date are:
- Bob Carrigan, CEO, IDG Communications Worldwide
- Chris Foster, president, COO, GIE Media
- Drew Schutte, chief digital officer, Condé Nast Digital
- Mike Rosiak, lead content architect, Wolters Kluwer Health
- Niko Pfund, vice president and publisher, Oxford University Press
- Gregg Hano, group publisher, Bonnier Technology Group, Bonnier Corp.
- Ron Wall, senior vice president of publications, Canon Communications
- Jenny Bullough, manager, Digital Content, Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.
- Jeffrey Rule, Chief Interactive Strategist, Hanley Wood
- Tom Allen, COO, On Demand Books LLC/Espresso Book Machine
- John Dougherty, director of content management, Hachette Filipacchi Media, U.S.
- Don Falletti, director, OMS Print, TimeXchange, E-MaG, Time Inc.
- Eric Shanfelt, president and founder, eMedia Strategist Inc.
- John Edwards, president and CEO, Edwards Brothers Inc.
- Rob Yoegel, vice president, e-Media, North American Publishing Co.
- Jeff Price, president and publisher, Sporting News
- Thea Selby, Principal, Next Steps Marketing Inc.
- Bob Sacks, Partner, mediaIDEAS, President, Precision Media Group
- David Renard, Partner, mediaIDEAS
- Joe Pulizzi, founder, Junta42
- Frank Romano, professor emeritus, RIT School of Print Media
- Andrew Brenneman, president, Finitiv; Book Business columnist
- Michael Smith, executive director, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
- Michel Kripalani, president, Oceanhouse Media Inc.
- Peter Hildick-Smith, founder & CEO, Codex Group LLC
There is no cost to attend the Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo, and it's virtual (so attendees can access all sessions from their computers). Sessions will provide insights and practical advice from experts in digital publishing on topics such as:
* Converting Digital Dimes to Dollars
* Multiplatform Conversion Options
* Mobile Opportunities and Strategies
* Monetizing Digital Editions
* Deconstructing Digital Distribution
* Social Media Strategies
* E-reader Devices, Trends, Forecasts & Strategies
* Your Future in POD/Digital Printing
* Thinking Beyond E-books