Magazines are More Popular than Ever Among College Students
AUSTIN, TX—May 22, 2013—In a seemingly tech-oriented world, there's been constant speculation over the last few years that print is a dying medium—especially among the younger set, who had smartphones thrust into their hands years ago and haven't looked back since. Shweiki, in conjunction with Study Breaks College Media, wanted to test these suspicions, however, and see just how accurate the "print is dead" theory actually is. After surveying 387 college students, the answer is, it turns out, that it couldn't be further from the truth. Take a look at the results below, and you'll see that not only are students reading magazines, getting fashion ideas from magazines, visiting Websites they've discovered through magazines and buying things they've seen in magazines; they're also sharing publications among their friends. Check out the awesome results.
Of 387 Students Surveyed:
- 97 percent have read a free magazine
- 90 percent have read a magazine in the last month
- 84 percent keep magazines for at least a month
- 70 percent share magazines with friends and/or borrow them from friends
- 85 percent get fashion ideas from magazines
- 89 percent visit Websites they see in magazines
- 84 percent purchase an item after seeing it in a magazine
- 63 percent use coupons from magazines to make purchases
- 84 percent redeem specials and promotions they see in magazines
These results prove that not only is print not dying; it's flourishing. And with new innovations like augmented reality integrating technology into print and literally bringing it to life, the age-old medium shows no signs of slowing down.
Shweiki Media's mission has always been to help publishers improve by providing the most profitable, hassle-free printing experience possible. This includes guaranteeing the highest quality product, exceptional customer service and on-time delivery.
As a printer and publisher, Shweiki Media also believes that this hassle-free experience includes making their clients better. Utilizing relationships with industry experts, Shweiki Media strives to educate clients and help them thrive in the exciting world of publishing—while having lots of fun along the way!