mediaIDEAS, Publishing Executive and Book Business Announce the TH(ink) E-reading 2011 Summit
(Press Release) New York, NY, February 8, 2011—Global research and advisory firm mediaIDEAS and NAPCO, publishers of Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines, today announced the second annual TH(ink) E-reading 2011 Summit. To be held on April 6, 2011 in conjunction with the annual Publishing Business Conference & Expo at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square, this half-day event will focus on e-reading technology (including tablets, e-readers, and smartphones), the evolving marketplace, and opportunities for publishers to take advantage of these developments through selling content and developing new products.
The rise of e-reading devices will continue to dramatically change the publishing industry. With an estimated 3.6 billion e-reading devices in use globally by 2021, the market for digital paginated media, including books, magazines, and newspapers will explode over the next decade. How can publishers take advantage of this growth?
This is a must-attend event for those who wish to take advantage of this developing part of the publishing industry and thrive amidst rapidly transforming media and content marketplaces, technologies, and business models. Presentations and panels of the TH(ink) E-reading 2011 Summit will cover:
- Existing market conditions;
- Detailed 2011-2021 mediaIDEAS forecasts for e-reading devices (tablets, e-readers, and smartphones), the paginated media marketplace (books, magazines, and newspapers) and successful strategies;
- Best practices for creating, promoting, selling, and measuring content products on e-reading devices and platforms;
- Technology options evolution (connectivity, formats, functionality, device vendors, and market operators);
- Successful tactics and business models for launching new products for digital formats;
- Synergies, enhancements, and coexistence with print formats.
The summit will take place Wednesday, April 6, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the New York Marriott Marquis Times Square. The cost is $195.