Meredith Women's Network Launches Three Mobile Sites
(Press Release) NEW YORK, NY (November 2, 2010) — The Meredith Women's Network today announced the launch of mobile sites for Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness. The sites establish a robust presence in the mobile space for the three brands.
The mobile market in the U.S. continues to grow at a steady pace among women in particular. Of the 233 million U.S. mobile users, 52% are female. Additionally, 46% of smartphone owners are women.
"We knew from research that our readers wanted easy, fast mobile access to these brands," says Liz Schimel, EVP, Consumer Relationship Management and Digital Media, Meredith National Media. "Women are mobile-izing now more than ever. In fact the volume of our web traffic coming from mobile devices is increasing rapidly since these launches."
The three mobile sites were developed by The Hyperfactory, a leading mobile marketing agency acquired by Meredith in July 2010, and offer on-the-go access to a vast array of resources tailored to their audiences and to their specific devices. Features and functionality for each site include:
Better Homes and Gardens Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to BHG.com;
- Thousands of slide shows, stories and recipes;
- Weekly updates of top features;
- BHG Mobile Club providing weekly text messages on new content;
- Regularly updated videos;
- Content that is sharable to friends and family;
Parents Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to Parents.com;
- Buying Guide for everything moms need;
- Weekly Pregnancy Fun Fact text messages that align with her pregnancy week;
- Hundreds of expert-answered questions;
- Baby Name Finder with thousands of baby names at her fingertips;
Fitness Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to Fitnessmagazine.com;
- iTunes playlists with the best songs for running, yoga, strength training, and more;
- Access to Fitness' entire library of workouts and how-to's formatted for easy reading and scrolling;
- Hundreds of healthy recipes, searchable by meal or ingredient;
- Videos of best workouts, optimized for mobile;
- Fitness Mobile Club providing weekly text messages on new content;
- Ability to share Fitness content via text messaging.
Kraft/Breakstone's and L'Oreal/Garnier have signed on as the exclusive sponsors of the BHG and Fitness sites, respectively.