Meredith Women's Network Launches Three Mobile Sites
(Press Release) NEW YORK, NY (November 2, 2010) — The Meredith Women's Network today announced the launch of mobile sites for Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness. The sites establish a robust presence in the mobile space for the three brands.
The mobile market in the U.S. continues to grow at a steady pace among women in particular. Of the 233 million U.S. mobile users, 52% are female. Additionally, 46% of smartphone owners are women.
"We knew from research that our readers wanted easy, fast mobile access to these brands," says Liz Schimel, EVP, Consumer Relationship Management and Digital Media, Meredith National Media. "Women are mobile-izing now more than ever. In fact the volume of our web traffic coming from mobile devices is increasing rapidly since these launches."
The three mobile sites were developed by The Hyperfactory, a leading mobile marketing agency acquired by Meredith in July 2010, and offer on-the-go access to a vast array of resources tailored to their audiences and to their specific devices. Features and functionality for each site include:
Better Homes and Gardens Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to BHG.com;
- Thousands of slide shows, stories and recipes;
- Weekly updates of top features;
- BHG Mobile Club providing weekly text messages on new content;
- Regularly updated videos;
- Content that is sharable to friends and family;
Parents Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to Parents.com;
- Buying Guide for everything moms need;
- Weekly Pregnancy Fun Fact text messages that align with her pregnancy week;
- Hundreds of expert-answered questions;
- Baby Name Finder with thousands of baby names at her fingertips;
Fitness Mobile Site:
- Full mobile access to Fitnessmagazine.com;
- iTunes playlists with the best songs for running, yoga, strength training, and more;
- Access to Fitness' entire library of workouts and how-to's formatted for easy reading and scrolling;
- Hundreds of healthy recipes, searchable by meal or ingredient;
- Videos of best workouts, optimized for mobile;
- Fitness Mobile Club providing weekly text messages on new content;
- Ability to share Fitness content via text messaging.
Kraft/Breakstone's and L'Oreal/Garnier have signed on as the exclusive sponsors of the BHG and Fitness sites, respectively.
"The scale for mobile is definitely there, particularly in the women's market," says Derek Handley, co-Founder and CEO, The Hyperfactory. "After SMS the mobile browser is still the largest mass reach medium. These sites help to establish solid early links between consumers and these brands on smartphones and will help prompt them to move naturally begin looking for the brands on the next wave of mobile devices."
Meredith has been expanding its presence in the mobile market over the past few years with the launch of iPhone/iTouch apps including Parents' Flash Cards, Fitness Tracker, and Mixing Bowl. Fitness magazine recently launched Express Workouts, the second iPhone app from the brand that features over a dozen of the magazine's most popular 15-minute routines so users can stay in shape-even on the go.
About Meredith Corporation
Meredith Corporation is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands - including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Ladies' Home Journal, Fitness, More and American Baby—along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms—including print, television, online, mobile and video - to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its marketing partners.
Additionally, Meredith uses its many assets to create powerful custom marketing solutions for many of the nation's top brands and companies. Meredith has significantly added to its capabilities in this area through the acquisition of cutting-edge companies in areas such as digital, mobile, word-of-mouth, social and database marketing.