'Mr. Magazine' and Execs from GIE Media, Greenleaf Book Group & OUP Head All-Star Conference Board
Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines, producers of the Publishing Business Conference & Expo, have announced "Mr. Magazine" (Samir Husni) and executives from GIE Media, Greenleaf Book Group and Oxford University Press to co-chair an all-star conference advisory board.
• Samir Husni, aka "Mr. Magazine"™, Founder and Director, Magazine Innovation Center
• Chris Foster, President & COO, GIE Media
• Clint Greenleaf, President & CEO, Greenleaf Book Group
• Evan R. Schnittman, Vice President, Global Business Development, Oxford University Press
As co-chairs Husni, Foster, Greenleaf and Schnittman have a very hands-on role alongside the editorial staff of Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines in the development of the 2010 Publishing Business conference program. Together, they've crafted dozens of sessions tackling the most pressing issues facing the magazine and book publishing industries today with the help of an advisory board of some of the industry’s most talented and experienced publishing veterans:
• Bill Amstutz, Managing Partner, Strategic Media Operations
• Florrie Binford Kichler, President, IBPA
• Andrew Brenneman, President, Finitiv
• Alex Brown, Founder, Printmark
• Anne Drobish, Associate Audience Development Director, NewBay Media
• Michael Healy, Executive Director, Book Rights Registry
• John Morse, President & Publisher, Merriam-Webster
• Bob Sacks, President, The Precision Media Group
• John Sateja, Executive Vice President, Consumer Reports
• Eugene Schwartz, Editor at Large, ForeWord Magazine
• Jerry Steinbrink, VP, Publishing, Consumer Reports
• Andrew Van Der Laan, Owner, VDL Consulting
• Michael Weinstein, VP, Global Content and Media Production, Cengage Learning
• Bob Wiemers, Operations Director Magazine Division, Boy Scouts of America
• Jabin White, Director of Strategic Content, Wolters Kluwer Health
• Rob Yoegel, VP, e-Media, North American Publishing Co.
Samir Husni is the founder and director of the Magazine Innovation Center at the University of Mississippi, School of Journalism. He is also Professor and Hederman Lecturer at the School of Journalism. Dr. Husni is the author of the annual Samir Husni's Guide to New Magazines, which is now in its 24th year. He is also the author of "Magazine Publishing in the 21st Century," published by Kendall Hunt, "Launch Your Own Magazine: A Guide for Succeeding in Today's Marketplace," published by Hamblett House, Inc. and "Selling Content: The Step-by-Step Art of Packaging Your Own Magazine," published by Kendall Hunt. He is the editor of The Future of Magazines.
Chris Foster has worked throughout GIE Media starting as a bookkeeper and serving in various roles from Controller to General Manager. During an eight-year period when he left the organization, he was a part of an Internet Market Research startup which represented the eighth-largest non-ad network on the Internet. When he left that organization as Vice President of Product Development, he returned to take the helm of GIE Media in early 2006 during which period GIE Media has continued annual compounded growth of 15 percent during a period of negative media growth as an industry. GIE Media currently publishes 20 titles with associated Web sites, manages conferences, custom publications, reference books in industries as diverse as structural pest control, the golf course management industry, recycling, and specialty manufacturing.
Clint Greenleaf is the founder and CEO of Greenleaf Book Group (GBG). GBG, an Inc 500 Company, is a leading publisher and distributor with several NY Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers. Clint (a CPA) sits on the University of Texas Libraries Board, blogs for Inc.com, is a regular guest host on Fox Business Network and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc magazine, Fox, MSBNC, Money magazine, Forbes and Entrepreneur. Clint speaks about publishing and entrepreneurship across the country at conferences, seminars and schools.
Evan Schnittman is responsible for all licensing and digital partnerships across OUP's various content divisions. He has over 23 years of publishing-related business experience, having held positions as an EVP at The Princeton Review, Senior Editor at Little, Brown, amongst others. Evan speaks extensively on the key issues facing content companies in a digital world across Asia, Europe and the U.S. His blog, BlackPlasticGlasses, is required reading for anyone wishing to understand book publishing in the digital age.
About the Event
The Publishing Business Conference & Expo (PBC) is guaranteed to arm you with fresh new strategies, tips and tactics to help you and your company evolve, profit and thrive in a shifting publishing marketplace. PBC addresses the technology AND the business of publishing better than any other event.
When: March 8-10, 2010
Where: NYC Marriott Marquis
Why: To learn and lead ... or get left behind!
View Conference Agenda Here.
In addition to the dynamic conference agenda, attendees see the latest publishing solutions and innovations in an exhibit hall fully staffed with nearly 100 world-class suppliers, including Bang Printing, PageSuite, Texterity, Total Printing Systems, Univenture, Worldcolor and many more.
Book and magazine publishing executives can register here.
For information on sponsoring/exhibiting contact Mike Cooper, Exhibit Sales Manager, 215-238-5434, email@example.com, or your Book Business or Publishing Executive sales representative.
# # #