New Adobe CS6 Release at Heart of Creative Cloud Initiative
SAN JOSE, Calif. —April 23, 2012 — Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced Adobe Creative Cloud™, a radical new way of providing tools and services that will change the game for creatives worldwide. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around a powerful release of Adobe Creative Suite® 6 software (see separate release), packed with innovation across its industry-defining design, Web, video and digital imaging tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronizing and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Creative Suite 6, Innovative HTML5 Tools Anchor Creative Cloud
- CS6 includes landmark releases of industry icons such as Adobe Photoshop® CS6 (see separate release), Adobe InDesign® CS6, Adobe Illustrator® CS6, Adobe Dreamweaver® CS6, Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects® CS6, Adobe Flash® Professional CS6 and more. With Creative Cloud membership, creatives can download and install all of the 14 new Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.
- Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview, new tools for HTML5 design and development that demonstrate Adobe’s commitment to the latest Web standards.
Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools