O, The Oprah Magazine to Release Commemorative Bookazine
(Press Release) NEW YORK, NY, May 25, 2011)—O, The Oprah Magazine will produce a special collector's edition bookazine celebrating 25 unforgettable seasons of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," on newsstands nationwide on June 28. Oprah and her team reminisce about the show's early days, when they begged passersby to take a seat in the audience, and recount their favorite moments of what was to become a show that changed television history. Oprah's Farewell Celebration: Inside 25 Extraordinary Years of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" (148 pages, $11.99) is a joyful and comprehensive insider's look at the 25 seasons of aha moments, tears, surprises and triumphs that have meant so much to so many.
"The opportunity to have done this work for so many years—to be embraced by all of you—is one of the greatest opportunities that any human being could have," said Oprah Winfrey.
Issue highlights include:
- Oprah's selection of her 25 most unforgettable show moments, from give-aways and adventures to stories of courage and generosity.
- Interviews with Oprah's Ultimate Viewers who were inspired to change their lives, and the lives of others, for the better.
- The founding team of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" reveals never-before-heard stories on the show's launch and their most treasured moments with Oprah.
- A peek into Oprah's private diary, with an entry written exactly eight hours before the show's live national debut on September 8, 1986.
- Oprah's reflections on a quarter-century of hair and fashion hits and misses, with details on her prep process from the dressing room to the stage.
- Oprah's Farewell Message to viewers.
About O, The Oprah Magazine
O, The Oprah Magazine (www.oprah.com) encourages confident, intelligent women to reach for their dreams, express their individual style and make choices, guided by the values of one of the most charismatic women in the world, O Editorial Director Oprah Winfrey. With an emphasis on personal growth, the magazine inspires, addressing every aspect of a woman's life -- the material, the intellectual and the emotional -- and deeply connects with nearly16 million readers every month (MRI, Fall 2010). O, The Oprah Magazine, which also publishes a South African edition, is a co-venture between Hearst Magazines, a unit of The Hearst Corporation (www.hearst.com), and Harpo Print, LLC.
Hearst Magazines is one of the nation's largest diversified communications companies with interests in magazines, newspapers, digital media, business media and television. As one of the world's largest publishers of monthly magazines, Hearst Magazines publishes nearly 200 editions around the world, including 14 U.S. titles and 20 magazines in the United Kingdom, published through its wholly owned subsidiary, The National Magazine Company Limited. Hearst Magazines is a leading publisher of monthly magazines in the U.S. in terms of total circulation (ABC June 2010) and reaches 73 million adults (Spring, 2010 MRI). O, The Oprah Magazine's namesake app is available for $3.99 through the App store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.