Parents Magazine Debuts New Design With February 2012 Issue
(Press Release) NEW YORK, NY (January 9, 2012)—Parents magazine today unveiled a new look and feel with the February 2012 issue. The makeover marks a strengthened focus on creating a more authentic view of parenthood to engage today's design-savvy millennial moms.
The redesign introduces stronger visuals, including the covers, which are warmer, richer and more emotional, just like the experience of being a mom. The photos are more natural, the color palette more sophisticated, and each page features hand-crafted design elements that lend a touch of whimsy. At the same time, the brand's mission, to celebrate the happiness that children bring and help parents tackle the issues and challenges that are important to them remains unchanged.
"Our readers tell us that they curl up with the magazine, in print or on the tablet, after the kids are in bed," says Parents Editor-in-Chief Dana Points. "Our new design honors the intimacy of that relationship, while our content continues to be an open invitation to our 15 million readers to join the ongoing conversation happening about parenthood via Facebook, Twitter and Parents.com. "We're engaging and inspiring moms with trusted content wherever they go."
The magazine has been reorganized into five immersive sections that enable time-pressed moms to more easily find the content they love the most. The sections are:
* FUN: Where moms can turn for ideas and inspiration on having a good time with their kids.
* KIDS: The go-to spot for the latest news and thinking on important infant and children's issues that moms need to know. It features ParentsÕ award-winning health coverage from its 38 expert editorial advisors, as well as leading thinkers from the worlds of medicine, discipline, nutrition and mental health.
* YOU: Mom's headquarters for all things personal, including beauty advice plus health and fitness tips to keep her looking and feeling good.
* HOME: Home ownership and upkeep are chief goals of millennial families, and this new section will cover home decor and upkeep, household management, finance and cooking skills.
* GROW: This 10+ page, age-and stage-based section offers a deep dive into subjects of special concern to individual age groups, whether itÕs infant skin issues, toddler tantrums or big-kids topics like study skills or bullying.
Parents, published monthly by Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP, www.meredith.com), has been America's #1 family magazine for 85 years. Since its inception in 1926, it has been a trusted source for every generation of parents. Currently, the Parents brand is a powerful community of 15 million monthly magazine readers and more than 4 million unique monthly Parents.com users devoted to celebrating the joys of parenthood, raising healthy kids and creating healthy families.
The redesign further builds on The Meredith's Parents Network's already strong multi-channel connection to its millennial mom readership, which includes:
* American Baby, Ser Padres and the recently acquired FamilyFun
* Tablet editions on the iPad, Nook, Kindle, Android and Samsung Galaxy
* Nearly 2 million apps downloaded including: Carve a Pumpkin, Baby Names, Sprout and Flash Cards
* Thriving social network communities including more than 560,000 Facebook fans and more than 300,000 Twitter followers
* Successful Parents.com original programs such as Facebook Expert Day, Cover Contest and 100 Plus Days of Holidays