Press Release: Penton Acquires iNET Interactive, a Leading Event and Digital Information Company Serving the Cloud, Hosting, and Data Center Segments
New York, NY, January 16, 2014 - Penton, North America's largest privately held professional information services company, announced today that it has acquired iNET Interactive, a leading event and digital information company that focuses on the booming Cloud, Hosting and Data Center segments of the technology sector. Industry sources expect these segments to experience annual growth of 25-30% in the years ahead.
"A core element of our strategy is creating scaled positions in advantaged sectors. This acquisition doubles our tech sector footprint, and does so in exceptionally fast growing segments. The acquisition of this high quality business allows us to take immediate advantage of the rapid growth being experienced in this segment," said David Kieselstein, Penton CEO. "Moreover, we'll be able to accelerate iNET's growth as we leverage our excellent shared service growth capabilities. This is a proven model at Penton, and we're excited to have found a perfect fit in iNET."
Exceptional Assets in Fast Growing Cloud, Hosting and Data Center Segments
The acquisition adds outstanding event and digital assets to the Penton Technology portfolio, including:
Cloud and Hosting
- The premier hosting tradeshow series (HostingCon), including events in the US, China, India and Asia
- The largest online hosting and cloud community (Web Hosting Talk) and leading blog (The WHIR)
- The largest directory of resources for web developers
- One of the largest database administrator communities with over 550,000 members
- The leading data center tradeshow series (Data Center World)
- The leading position in the Data Center content industry (Data Center Knowledge)
- The largest data center industry association (AFCOM) with over 40 chapters and 4,500 data center members worldwide, including more than half of the Fortune 500
iNET also strengthens Penton's fast growing marketing service business with access to data and insights from a combined 7.8 million highly targeted business and technology decision makers.