Press Release: SIIA Relaunches ABM/Content Division: New Name and Focus on Driving Innovation and Engaging Young Leaders
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 11, 2015) – ABM/CISD – formed after the merger between ABM and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) – today announced a relaunch, unveiling a new name, Connectiv, the Business Information Association, and a refocus of its mission. The changes were announced today during SIIA’s Business Information & Media Summit in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
For over a century ABM has been the leading organization serving business media and information companies. Since joining with SIIA’s Content and Information Services Division (CISD), ABM has been in the process of reinvigorating its core mission based on the evolving industry landscape and its members’ needs. The rebranding process identified a clear understanding of how information companies are being challenged by rapidly changing technologies, the significant impact of Millennials on the workforce, and the need for greater industry collaboration to advance innovation.
The name “Connectiv” comes from a recognition that the connected global economy has fundamentally changed how business information companies and their customers operate – including how they make money, how their employees work and learn, and how information and data are utilized by today’s businesses. It also represents a new emphasis in the association’s mission – to serve as an active and connected community for the industry to share, partner, learn, network and collaborate.
“More than just a new name, this relaunch represents a more forward-looking approach that will be highly responsive to changing technologies and business trends,” said Mike Marchesano, Managing Director of Connectiv. “Our evolved mission is centered around helping companies innovate and embrace the opportunities presented by rapid change, while doing so in ways that appeal to young leaders. And, as our new name suggests, we will launch new activities and programs that allow Connectiv to serve as a vibrant and connecting force in the industry.”
Doug Manoni, Chair of the Connectiv Board of Directors said, “We went through a comprehensive process with our members to understand where they see opportunity and need help on the challenges they face. Out of this, we recognized the need to increase industry collaboration and better prepare companies for what’s next. Connectiv will launch new programs and services that offer practical, real-world support for accelerating innovation and engaging with new audiences.”
As part of the relaunch, Connectiv also announced today that it will begin a number of new programs centered on its mission:
Prepare member companies for the opportunities of tomorrow. Connectiv will help companies innovate and adapt in the face of changing technology and business models.
- Innovation Index: An annual index that monitors the impact of innovation, with the goal of both charting the industry’s progress and showing companies how innovation can be successfully applied.
- Best-Practices Roadshow: Throughout 2016, Connectiv will identify the most successful products and services, and bring companies together in cities around the country to see what’s working, identify emerging opportunities and share best practices.
Deliver programs and services geared towards a younger generation of leaders. Connectiv will prepare the next generation of leaders, and deliver content and services in ways that appeal to how they learn and work.
- Emerging Leaders Collective:Connectiv will launch a dedicated community that is both for Millennials and led by Millennials. The Collective will share ideas and information online and offline – with in-person events and informal gatherings.
- Connectiv University:Learning is increasingly happening outside of classrooms and conferences, especially for Millennials. Through this online resource, Connectiv will provide interactive, 24/7 learning opportunities that offer timeliness and depth.
Serve as an industry-wide resource for sharing and collaborating. Building a stronger network that supports business information companies will be central to everything Connectiv does.
- Daily News Feed:As part of this, the organization will work to accelerate collaboration and innovation through a revamped member news delivery system and a new committee structure.
- These steps are just the beginning, and throughout 2016 Connectiv will announce more details and new programs and services for its members.
Connectiv (the Business Information Association, a division of SIIA) is the only global business information association that accelerates innovation for leading and emerging content, data and technology companies. Collectiv helps members move faster and smarter with collective knowledge, access and resources. We move business forward by providing the essential information and services that are pivotal for millions of global businesses to make the right decisions to drive commerce. Connectiv membership represents over 200 world-class business information companies who reach an audience of more than 100 million professionals. These companies drive more than $20 billion in annual revenues, and their collective industries represent a $400 billion global market. For more information, visit siia.net/connectiv.
SIIA is an umbrella association that represents constituencies from technology, data and media companies. Through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations, SIIA provides a network of resources for its 800+ member companies that drive innovation and growth. For more information, visit www.siia.net.