Qualcomm, Simon & Schuster, Bonnier Technology Group and More to Speak at 2nd Annual TH(ink) E-Reading Summit, April 6, 2011 at the NY Marriott
(Press Release) New York, NY, March 10, 2011—Global research and advisory firm mediaIDEAS and NAPCO, publishers of Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines announced the speaker lineup for the second annual TH(ink) E-reading 2011 Summit. To be held on April 6, 2011 in conjunction with the annual Publishing Business Conference & Expo at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square, this half-day event will focus on e-reading technology (including tablets, e-readers, and smartphones), the evolving marketplace, and opportunities for publishers to take advantage of these developments through selling content and developing new products.
The event will open with a keynote address led by Cheryl Goodman, Director of Marketing, Qualcomm MEMS Technologies, Inc. discussing converging e-readers and tablets and what it means for publishers.
As a leading innovator in the wireless industry at the cutting edge of mobile, e-paper, e-reader, and tablet-based computing, Qualcomm has learned a thing or two about what lies ahead for the publishing industry. Cheryl Goodman will discuss how the devices used for reading books and magazines will evolve, the new channel opportunities for publishers that are being defined, and how to navigate the path from content creation to digital consumption.
Other speakers include:
- Brendan Cahill, Vice President and Publisher, Open Road Media
- Peter Hildick-Smith, President, Codex-Group LLC
- Mark Jeannot, Editor-in-chief, Editorial Director, Popular Science, Bonnier Technology Group
- Jeanniey Mullen, Global Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
- David Renard, Senior Analyst and Partner, mediaIDEAS
- Richard Romano, Contributing Writer and Analyst, WhatTheyThink.com
- Bob Sacks, Senior Analyst and Partner, mediaIDEAS
- Stephanie Salmon, Director of Information Services, US News
- Doug Stambaugh, Executive Director, Strategy and Business Development, Simon & Schuster Digital
- Michael Tamblyn, EVP Content, Sales & Merchandising, Kobo
Other presentations of the TH(ink) E-reading 2011 Summit include: