RadioShack Expands Partnership With Maker Media; Reveals Dozens of New Do-It-Yourself Products
- ColdHeat Soldering Tool, available now
- Expanded assortment of Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs), available now
- New collection of Youth Hobby Kits focused on building your own RC and robotics, available now
- Electroluminescent (EL) Wire, Tape and Flex Strip LEDs, available in the summer
- U Mold moldable plastic, available in August in two sizes
- New line of Mini PC Microcontrollers that have video and Wi-Fi capabilities, available in the summer
In addition, RadioShack will be re-launching XMODS, which are DIY remote control car or truck kits that customers can build, tune, and race, which will be available this fall.
For more about RadioShack's DIY products and to find projects, visit RadioShackDIY.com and makezine.com/weekendprojects. Be sure to also check out the company's YouTube channel to find related videos, including the "DIY Update" and "How to Choose a Soldering Iron."
Attending Maker Faire Bay Area, May 18-19, 2013? Stop by the RadioShack tent to learn how to solder, have your picture taken with life-size DIY props, recharge your phone, or shop our on-site store.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs more than 34,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4600 company-operated stores in the United States and Mexico, 1500 wireless phone centers in the United States, and more than 1000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.