Rodale Inc. and BermanBraun Launch Premium Lifestyle Channel on YouTube
New York - April 19, 2012—Rodale Inc. and BermanBraun today announce the launch of a YouTube channel featuring original fitness and healthy living video programming entitled "3V." The channel was created in a joint venture between Rodale, the leading healthy lifestyle publisher and BermanBraun, an independent media company that creates cross-platform entertainment, to offer innovative and entertaining online programming to a global audience.
"As a digital media company, harnessing the power of online entertainment for our audiences is a priority," said Maria Rodale, Chairman & CEO, Rodale Inc. "These channels will merge the best in entertainment and the best in health service journalism for must-see online programming."
The 3V channel, which stands for Vigor, Verve and Vitality features content at the intersection of healthy living and entertainment. Both Rodale and BermanBraun worked in tandem to co-produce, script and cast 3V channel shows and episodes.
"Couple Rodale’s health experts with a massive YouTube audience and we're poised to connect with millions of health-and-wellness-minded consumers all over the world," said Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun of BermanBraun.
The new 3V channel can be viewed here. Programming already underway includes:
· Fitness Fail: Comedians will provide weekly commentary on the funniest health and fitness videos from YouTube. Our hosts will provide more laughs than the video clip itself.
· YouCube: For those who spend most of their time at a desk, we're providing great health and fitness advice woven into a hilarious narrative. Don't miss our everyday guy try to impress the office beauty.
· 30 Second Fitness: Boost immunity, cut calories, upgrade your workout and more with this quick hitting series that covers the health and fitness spectrum.
· Your Best Body: Shaping, sculpting and building advice from people with spectacular physiques. Each episode will focus on achieving the best of a specific body part (such as Your Best Abs).
· Woman v. Workout: In each episode, our fearless female host accepts a new fitness challenge tackling all types of exercise, from doing back flips on skis to mastering Capoeira - and manages to keep her sense of humor.
· Health Decoder: its time to get real with health and fitness advice. This show will debunk common myths and misconceptions. Does cracking you knuckles cause arthritis? Will eating at night make you fat? Health Decoder gives it to you straight.
About Rodale Inc
Rodale is a global lifestyle company with a mission to inspire and enable people to improve their lives and the world around them. Through a broad portfolio of leading media properties, Rodale reaches more than 70 million people around the world through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, and video. The company is widely regarded as a digital leader in the areas of health and fitness, expanding its reach through an ever-growing list of award winning mobile applications, digital magazine subscriptions and partnerships. Rodale also publishes some of the best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazine brands, including Men's Health, Prevention, Women's Health, Runner's World, Bicycling, Running Times, and Organic Gardening, and is the largest independent book publisher in the United States, with a collection of bestselling titles, including Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite, Eat This, Not That! and Flat Belly Diet. Rodale is also a leader in direct-response marketing with more than 27 million active customers in its database. To learn more about Rodale, visit www.rodaleinc.com.
BermanBraun is an independent media company with three divisions -- television, feature film and digital -- which create and exploit entertainment content and advertising solutions across all platforms throughout the world.
BermanBraun's digital division has created and operates some of the most popular properties online. They include the celebrity news site WONDERWALL, which BermanBraun launched in partnership with Microsoft in February 2009. The site is the primary celebrity destination on the MSN network, and currently ranks first in engagement among all competitive sites in entertainment news. The site has averaged over 17 million unique users over the last 3 months. WONDERWALL has averaged over a billion page views per month for the period December 2011 thru February 2012. In April 2010, BermanBraun launched GLO -- a site created in partnership with MSN and Hearst. GLO features an innovative design that creates a unique "digital magazine" experience for women seeking style, beauty and lifestyle content. GLO averages over 5 million monthly uniques and currently ranks first in engagement among competitive sites in its fashion/beauty category. BermanBraun is launching three new sites with AOL in 2012 in the categories of weather, pets and men. BermanBraun also created and operates the sites WONDERWALL LATINO and POWERWALL.
BermanBraun recently acquired Whiskey Media, CNET Founder Shelby Bonnie's media and technology company based in San Francisco that has created a next generation publishing, data and social tools platform. BermanBraun recently launched its first site built on the Whiskey platform - TESTED WITH JAMIE AND ADAM. Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage are the stars of the hit television show MYTHBUSTERS on Discovery Channel, and have a strategic alliance with BermanBraun to create television and digital content and brands.