Sneak Peek at Speakers/Sessions for the Publishing Business Conference & Expo
Planning is underway for the 2012 Publishing Business Conference & Expo, March 19-21, at the New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square. Here are a few highlights of sessions and topics you can expect to see addressed this year:
• The annual Digital Magazine & Mobile Symposium
• An intensive 3-part E-book Conversion Workshop
• A half-day event on Creating Your Social Media Strategy
• International Trends in E-book Consumption: Bowker will be revealing highlights from its first-ever major study of this scope.
• Maximizing the Use of Mobile Response Codes (QR codes, tags, etc.)
• Audience Development for Magazine Publishers
• Marketing/Discovery for Book Publishers
• The Transformational Nature of the Cloud
• Driving Sales & Revenue for Magazine Publishers
• Developing a Successful E-commerce Strategy
• The Publisher-Author Relationship in Today’s Marketplace
… and much more.
The Publishing Business Conference staff also is thrilled to announce a dynamic keynote address by Marcus Leaver, president, Sterling Publishing Co. Inc. (a Barnes & Noble company) about his perspective on shifts in the industry and moving forward into a profitable future in publishing. “Marcus is a very creative thinker and often makes shifts in the way his company does business before many are aware of how much certain trends will impact their businesses,” says Noelle Skodzinski, Publishing Business Conference director. “He’s also a great speaker, and we’re thrilled to have him delivering a keynote address—it will definitely be something our attendees won’t want to miss!”
Check the website for frequent updates and a full agenda, which will be posted soon: http://www.PublishingBusiness.com … and don’t forget to register by Dec. 1 to be eligible to get your free thank-you gift: the Kindle Fire.