The Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
3. Onboard Media Inc.
U.S. Headquarters: Miami Beach, Fla.
President: Robert Eichner
Onboard Media is an integrated media company for the global travel industry. Its services include: publishing, port-shopping programs and custom TV programming. It is the exclusive publisher of in-room publications for many top cruise lines and hotels, including Celebrity, Princess, Disney, Royal Caribbean, Caesars and Bally’s.
• Number of new hires*: 7
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 5%
• Bonus program for all employees: Yes
• ESO/profit-sharing: No/No
401(k) or 403(b) retirement savings program:
• Employer contribution: Discretionary annual contribution based on percentage of employee’s salary.
• Employer match: Up to 50% of employee contributions.
• Maximum match: 3%.
• Paid holidays/year: 8
• PTO includes: One bank of time for vacation, sick and personal.
• PTO available after 1 year: 15
Highlights: Flex-time and some telecommuting options.
• Option to work compressed work weeks: Yes
• Employee assistance program: Yes
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: Yes
• On-site fitness/wellness programs: Yes. Free Zumba exercise classes offered daily. Fitness facilities on-site and nearby.
• Within walking distance of the beach.
• Offers on-site wellness seminars.
• Employee discounts at local restaurants.
• Domestic partner benefits.
• Paid volunteer time.
• Monthly employee-recognition program awards an American Express gift card.
Other programs or practices that promote a healthy work/life balance:
• Employees can bring children to work in the event of child-care issues.
• Employees can modify work hours for family events and activities.
Why Onboard thinks it’s a great place to work:
“Onboard Media is unique because of the incredible people that work here. Our culture and unique work environment is not only what … drives us to succeed, it’s also what makes this a fun … place to come in to work each day!”