The Best Magazine Publishing Companies to Work For
• Flexible working hours.
• Company-sponsored athletic teams and activities.
Why Imagination thinks it’s a great place to work:
“We run on passion: passion for our clients, our projects, our ideas and for one another. Without passion, it would just be work.”
7. Jameson Publishing
U.S. Headquarters: Erie, Pa.
President & General Manager: Jim Roddy
Jameson Publishing produces national IT trade magazines, such as Business Solutions and Integrated Solutions, and generates more than $13 million in annual revenue.
• Number of new hires*: 7
• Rate of voluntary turnover*: 5%
• Bonus program for all employees: Yes
• ESO/profit-sharing: No/No
401(k) or 403(b) retirement savings program:
• Employer match: No.
• Paid holidays/year: 13
• PTO includes: Vacation, sick/personal
• Vacation days available after 1 year: 15
• Maximum no. of vacation days: 15
• Sick/personal days: 6
Telecommuting/flex time: No
• Option to work compressed work weeks: No
• Employee assistance program: Yes
• On-site exercise and fitness facilities: Yes; access to fitness facilities at a neighboring university.
• On-site fitness/wellness programs: No
• Paid time off for child birth or adoption.
• Paid bereavement time.
Other programs or practices that promote a healthy work/life balance:
• Additional PTO for employees who travel extensively.
• Weekly overtime limits for employees.
Why Jameson thinks it’s a great place to work:
“Our employees are high-caliber, our work environment is friendly and positive, we offer a generous benefits package, and we offer extensive professional growth.”
8. Vicon Publishing Inc.
U.S. Headquarters: Amherst, N.H.
CEO: Patrick Murphy
Vicon Publishing Inc. publishes ALN Europe, ALN Magazine, Controlled Environments Magazine, Forensic Magazine and DFI News. It also offers educational Web conferences and an annual trade show.