In 2017, the opportunities and disruptions created by technology continued to be conversation number one in the media business. Throughout the year Publishing Executive explored how technology is changing the business from many different angles, including the rise of Customer Data Platforms, new opportunities to leverage the Internet of Things, and browser updates that will transform online advertising.
We thought it would be revealing to look at which tech stories resonated the most with readers as it's a good indication of where technology will be moving in 2018. Below are the top 10 most popular technology stories from 2017, which highlight readers’ interest in new technology adoption, artificial intelligence, and the revenue-driving power of email newsletters.
- Special Report on Technology Adoption Strategies in Publishing
- How to Develop Newsletters That Readers Actually Want
- A Practical Guide to Artificial Intelligence for Publishers
- The Top Technologies Publishers Will Buy in 2017
- Special Report: The Distributed Content Conundrum
- Why VR Will Probably Be A Bust for Publishers -- And Why AR Has Promise
- What Publishers Need to Do About GDPR
- Publishers Are Tapping into the Chatbot Craze to Deliver Personalized Reading Experiences
- Publishers Say Email Is #1 Revenue-Driving Technology
- Hearst’s Adam Harris on Using Data to Connect Content, People & Products