UBM Studios Launches a Mobile Event Application to Complement Physical Events
(Press Release) CHICAGO, IL, March 22, 2012—UBM Studios today announced a new Mobile Event Application that complements physical events. The new application allows event producers to generate new revenue streams while connecting exhibitors, sponsors and attendees with relevant updates and content. According to an eMarketer forecast, by 2014 an estimated 53.9 percent of mobile phone users in the United States will access the Internet through a mobile browser or application.
UBM Studios’ Mobile Event Application includes native applications for popular mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry, as well as a web version that provides event attendees with easy access to content before, during and after an event. The application also delivers key information in an engaging format that complements an event’s branding. Additionally, the technology offers a wide variety of sponsorship opportunities such as splash pages, banners, alerts, expanded booth options and product directories.
“Marketing and event professionals are seeking access to content via online or mobile devices before, during and after the event, showing us that event audiences are interested in engaging digitally throughout the entire event cycle. Our research shows that the use of mobile applications at face-to-face events enhances an attendee’s experience,” said Kate Spellman, President, UBM Studios.
Key features of the UBM Studios’ Mobile Event Applications:
• User-friendly, branded interface with flexible design options provides a look and feel consistent with an event.
• Secure user registration and authentication configured to an event producer’s specifications.
• Calendar interface showing “What’s On Now” and arranged by tracks, streams or theaters.
• Profile listings showcase speakers and encourage interaction.
• Interactive Exhibitor/Sponsor Directory showcases partner companies and their content with the ability to designate featured sponsors, categorization and keyword search.
• Premium sponsorship options include exhibitor logos, product listings, downloadable content, highlighted booths on interactive floor plan, an optional product directory, banners and sponsored push messages.
• A networking add-on offers advanced connection tools, including privacy preferences, in-app communication and appointment tools.
• Venue maps, including an interactive floor plan with location awareness, help participants find their way to and around an event.
• News and social media integration through RSS feeds, articles, blogs, Flickr photo-streams, YouTube videos, LinkedIn groups, Facebook pages and Twitter feeds create a rich-mobile media channel for messages and content.
• Embedded HTML pages deliver static information such as venue information, opening times, shuttle timetables, organizer contact information and more.
• Global search based on keywords indexes all sessions, speakers, exhibitors, products, attendees and more.
• Push messaging allows event producers to send messages to attendees’ mobile devices – either scheduled in advance or on the fly.
• Robust reporting tool provides real-time access to detailed activity tracking and analysis of user behavior.
• Crowdsourcing tools such as live polls, surveys and questions as well as a QR Code reader are also available.