Press Release: United Airlines, Ink Launch Premium-Cabin Luxury and Lifestyle Magazine
CHICAGO, Oct. 3, 2013- United Airlines and Ink today announced the launch of "Rhapsody," a monthly luxury lifestyle and literary magazine exclusively for United's premium-cabin customers and visitors to the airline's United Club and United Global First lounges. Launching in November, Rhapsody will offer an authoritative look at the latest personalities and trends that define affluent living and thought in the 21st century.
Each issue will feature thought-provoking content from highly regarded journalists, with stunning images from renowned photographers. November's launch issue includes:
- An in-depth profile of legendary actor Kevin Kline, by Vanity Fair contributing editor Elissa Schappell and shot by world renowned photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
- Emmy-nominated screenwriter Jonathan Raymond (HBO's "Mildred Pierce") providing a behind-the-scenes account of the Venice Film Festival premiere of his new film "Night Moves," which stars Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning.
- The legendary Joyce Carol Oates in a back-page essay discussing her first flight.
- An exclusive excerpt from Bloomberg Businessweek senior writer Brad Stone's highly anticipated new book "The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon."
- Interviews with and profiles of international tastemakers Daniel Boulud, John Varvatos, Andy Spade and Paul Smith.
Interspersed throughout the magazine's first-rate writing and photography are timely news and notes about the latest in high culture, luxury goods, fine dining, and premium hospitality.
"Our customers will find interesting stories and vivid imagery that engage their interests and inspire their passions for travel, technology, culture and finer living," said Praveen Sharma, United vice president of loyalty and business development. "The unique content - from some of the world's most-respected writers, editors and photographers - is another element of our building the world's leading premium-cabin and lounge experience."
"We've compiled a great team and a great stable of high-profile contributors for Rhapsody," says Jordan Heller, the editor-in-chief for both Rhapsody and United's flagship magazine Hemispheres. "If you're flying in one of United's premium cabins this November, I strongly suggest you leave all other reading material in your carry-on bag. You won't need it."