Wendell Lotz Wins BISG First Annual Lifetime Achievement Award; Other Award Shortlists Announced
- Mark Coker, Founder, CEO and Chief Author Advocate, Smashwords
- Liza Daly, VP Engineering, Safari Books Online
- Allen Lau, CEO and Co-founder, Wattpad
- Dominique Raccah, Publisher and CEO, Sourcebooks, Inc.
The jury members are:
- Kyusik Chung, Vice President Operations & Business Development, GoodReads.com
- Sally Dedecker, Print & Digital Publishing Consultant and Education Director at BookExpo America, Sally Dedecker Enterprises
- Kelly Gallagher, Vice President, Content Acquisition, Ingram Content Group
- Ted Hill, President, THA Consulting
- Kat Meyer, Manager, Conferences and Community, Frankfurt Book Fair
- Carolyn Pittis, Managing Director, Welman Digital Media
Len Vlahos, BISG Executive Director, commented, "These awards reflect the incredible diversity, talent, and creativity in the publishing value chain. We congratulate the nominees and thank our very dedicated jury for selecting from an exceptional pool of nominees."
The awards will be presented at the BISG Annual Meeting of Members on September 27, 2013, at the Yale Club in New York. For more information about the Annual Meeting, click here.
About the Book Industry Study Group
The Book Industry Study Group, Inc. (BISG) is the U.S. book industry's leading trade association for policy, standards, and research. The mission of BISG is to create a more informed, empowered, and efficient book industry. Membership consists of publishers, manufacturers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, librarians, and others engaged in the business of print and electronic media. For over 35 years, BISG has provided a forum for all industry professionals to come together and efficiently address issues and concerns to advance the book community. Learn more about BISG at www.bisg.org.