Press Release: Wolters Kluwer Health Garners Five Major Wins at Annual BMA Medical Book Awards
A total of 10 LWW titles also were awarded "Highly Commended" designations by the judges, including:
- Complications in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2e(Anaesthesia)
- Grant's Atlas of Anatomy, 13e (Basic and Clinical Sciences)
- Marks' Basic Medical Biochemistry, 4e(Basic and Clinical Sciences)
- Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine, 4e(Basic and Clinical Sciences)
- Moss and Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children and Adolescents: Including the Fetus and Young Adult, 8e(Cardiology)
- Werner and Ingbar's The Thyroid: A Fundamental and Clinical Text, 10e(Internal Medicine)
- Histology for Pathologists, 4e(Pathology)
- Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology, 4e(also available as a 4 volume set)(Radiology)
- Acute Care Surgery(Surgery)
- Corman's Colon and Rectal Surgery, 6e(Surgical Specialties)
The annual BMA Medical Book Awards recognize outstanding contributions to the medical literature. According to the BMA website, 641 books were entered this year. In addition to 21 category prizes, special awards were made for best illustrated book, best student textbook, best book by young authors, and for a book that promotes better understanding of science. The awards were announced in London on September 17, 2013.
About Wolters Kluwer Health
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of information, business intelligence and point-of-care solutions for the healthcare industry. Serving more than 150 countries and territories worldwide, Wolters Kluwer Health's customers include professionals, institutions and students in medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy. Major brands include Health Language®, Lexicomp®, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Medicom®, Medknow, Ovid®, Pharmacy OneSource®, ProVation® Medical and UpToDate®.
Wolters Kluwer Health is part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2012 annual revenues of €3.6 billion ($4.6 billion), employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Follow our official Twitter handle: @WKHealth.