Farm Journal Media
Lessiter Publications Inc. has acquired Implement & Tractor from Philadelphia-based Farm Journal Media, effective July 16.
On May 18th, Publishing Executive held its second Executive Summit on Digital Media in New York City. The objective of the event was to provide publishing leaders proven tactics on developing new digital revenue strategies, harnessing the power of data analytics, and reaching audiences on mobile. The event was a success, attracting over 60 publishing leaders from consumer, B2B, and niche publishing segments.
After the successful launch of the Executive Summit on Digital Media last SeptemberPublishing Executive has reprised the event with a new roster of publishing leaders from the B2B and consumer space. The invite-only gathering will explore the implications of the shift to mobile, challenges of multi-platform publishing, and winning strategies for capturing audience and driving revenue.
he b-to-b media industry has seen a recent surge in M&A deals, capping a year in which the sector showed signs of renewed strength. In just the first week of the new year, publishers announced these deals:
- Farm Journal Media acquired a majority stake in Commodity Update, a mobile media company serving the agriculture industry.
- Hanley Wood acquired Metrostudy, a provider of research, data, analytics and consulting services to the housing industry.
- MediaTec Publishing acquired Workforce Management from Crain Communications Inc.
- Nielsen Holdings acquired the Sports Licensing & Tailgate Show and the Tailgating Industry Association.
With print revenues not returning to pre-recession levels and tablets ushering in the era of mobile media consumption, publishers find themselves confronted with a bold new business paradigm. According to a recent report from eMarketer, Internet advertising in 2012 will, for the first time, surpass print ad spending.
No question, the app marketplace is getting crowded—and fast. Seizing an opportunity to help consumers sort through the clutter and find useful apps and reviews, as well as "the hottest apps in the App Store," Wired magazine collaborated with tech site Gizmodo on the launch of the Wired App Guide
Imagine a story of double-digit print revenue growth in 2010, a mid-recession year. For Farm Journal Media, this story does not have to be imagined; it's the company's reality.
• Farm Journal Media named Greg Vincent editor of Top Producer.• The George Lucas Educational Foundation, publisher of Edutopia magazine, announced the hiring of Chip Fesko as senior director of advertising sales and strategic alliances. Also, Cal Joy was promoted to senior director of digital content and technology.• Kirk Laughlin was named senior editorial director…