The Top 12 Publishing Executive Stories of 2018
The publishing business experienced some big shifts in 2018.
- Facebook shut off the organic traffic firehouse.
- Subscriptions became a major focus.
- SEO came back into style.
- GDPR gave everyone a scare.
- Technology was a part of it all.
- Yet print is still a big part of the media product mix.
Below are the top posts we published in 2018 based on a combination of audience engagement and the stories that best embody how publishers pivoted this year:
Denis Wilson was previously content director for Target Marketing, Publishing Executive, and Book Business, as well as the FUSE Media and BRAND United summits. In this role, he analyzed and reported on the fundamental changes affecting the media and marketing industries and aimed to serve content-driven businesses with practical and strategic insight. As a writer, Denis’ work has been published by Fast Company, Rolling Stone, Fortune, and The New York Times.