ABC Broadens Standards for Newspaper Membership, Mulls Magazine Reporting Changes
The task force is expected to provide initial recommendations to the ABC board in March.
Directors and Officers Elected
At its annual business meeting, ABC members re-elected 15 directors to serve on the board and elected the following nine new directors:
- Ted Boyd, CEO of 58Ninety Inc.
- Linda Brennan, vice president of operations, McGraw-Hill Construction
- Phillip Crawley, publisher and CEO of The Globe and Mail
- Christopher Daly, vice president of media-print/outdoor, Macy's Inc.
- Gordon Fisher, president of the National Post, executive vice president, eastern Canada, Postmedia Network Inc.
- Scott Kruse, managing director, director of print, GroupM
- John McCarthy, senior vice president, Rodale circulation and online operations, Rodale Inc.
- David Murphy, CEO of Novus Media Inc.
- David K. Ronk II, vice president of retail marketing at Chase
ABC members also elected the following slate of board officers to serve one-year terms:
- Chairman - Merle Davidson, director of media services, J.C. Penney Co. Inc.
- Vice-Chairs - Sunni Boot, CEO of ZenithOptimedia Canada; David W. Leckey, executive vice president of consumer marketing at American Media Inc.; Christina Meringolo, director of global media services and digital marketing at Merck Consumer Care; and David Walker, CEO of NSA Media and Geomentum.
- Secretary - Rob Fisher, senior vice president, American City Business Journals
- Treasurer - Brian Segal, president and CEO, Rogers Publishing
The ABC board of directors meeting was held November 10-12 in Toronto. For a complete summary of board actions, visit ABC's Virtual Pressroom. For a recap of the ABC annual conference, including keynotes, panel sessions, photos, and video clips, please visit the conference web page.
ABC is a forum of North America's leading magazine and newspaper publishers, advertisers and advertising agencies. The organization provides credible, verified information essential to the media buying and selling process. ABC maintains the world's foremost online database of audited circulation information and a growing array of readership, audience and website usage data.