Product Placement Spending Surges
• $2.21 billion was spent on global paid product placement in 2005, an increase of 42.2 percent over 2004.
• $1.5 billion was spent in 2005 in the United States alone on paid product placement, up 48.7 percent from 2004.
Source: PQ Media, a custom media research firm.
Overtakes Mags in U.K.
• Online advertising has surpassed
magazine advertising as the fourth
largest ad market in the U.K.,
totalling $1.3 billion
Source: U.K. Office of Communications
July Ad Revenues Gain
for U.S. consumer magazines
• Ad revenue increased 3.7% in July,
compared to the same month in 2005.
• Ad pages fell slightly by 0.1%
compared to July 2005.
Source: MPA’s Publishers Information Bureau
Consumer Magazine Launches Up
in 2nd Quarter
• 42 consumer magazines were launched in the second quarter of 2006, a 31% increase over the
32 launches during the same period last year.
B-to-B Ad Revenue Up in ’06
• B-to-B magazines’ ad revenue increased 3% for the first seven months of 2006, over the same period last year.
• Ad pages have increased 1% for the first seven months of 2006, over the same period last year.
Source: Inquiry Management Systems’ Magazine Health Watch
TOP 10 Web sites
Associated with Magazine Brands
RANKED BY UNIQUE VISITORS
1. Sports Illustrated
3. Business Week
5. Better Homes and Gardens
8. In Style
Source: Media Industry Newsletter