'Mr. Magazine' and Execs from GIE Media, Greenleaf Book Group & OUP Head All-Star Conference Board
Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines, producers of the Publishing Business Conference & Expo, have announced "Mr. Magazine" (Samir Husni) and executives from GIE Media, Greenleaf Book Group and Oxford University Press to co-chair an all-star conference advisory board.
• Samir Husni, aka "Mr. Magazine"™, Founder and Director, Magazine Innovation Center
• Chris Foster, President & COO, GIE Media
• Clint Greenleaf, President & CEO, Greenleaf Book Group
• Evan R. Schnittman, Vice President, Global Business Development, Oxford University Press
As co-chairs Husni, Foster, Greenleaf and Schnittman have a very hands-on role alongside the editorial staff of Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines in the development of the 2010 Publishing Business conference program. Together, they've crafted dozens of sessions tackling the most pressing issues facing the magazine and book publishing industries today with the help of an advisory board of some of the industry’s most talented and experienced publishing veterans:
• Bill Amstutz, Managing Partner, Strategic Media Operations
• Florrie Binford Kichler, President, IBPA
• Andrew Brenneman, President, Finitiv
• Alex Brown, Founder, Printmark
• Anne Drobish, Associate Audience Development Director, NewBay Media
• Michael Healy, Executive Director, Book Rights Registry
• John Morse, President & Publisher, Merriam-Webster
• Bob Sacks, President, The Precision Media Group
• John Sateja, Executive Vice President, Consumer Reports
• Eugene Schwartz, Editor at Large, ForeWord Magazine
• Jerry Steinbrink, VP, Publishing, Consumer Reports
• Andrew Van Der Laan, Owner, VDL Consulting
• Michael Weinstein, VP, Global Content and Media Production, Cengage Learning
• Bob Wiemers, Operations Director Magazine Division, Boy Scouts of America
• Jabin White, Director of Strategic Content, Wolters Kluwer Health
• Rob Yoegel, VP, e-Media, North American Publishing Co.
Samir Husni is the founder and director of the Magazine Innovation Center at the University of Mississippi, School of Journalism. He is also Professor and Hederman Lecturer at the School of Journalism. Dr. Husni is the author of the annual Samir Husni's Guide to New Magazines, which is now in its 24th year. He is also the author of "Magazine Publishing in the 21st Century," published by Kendall Hunt, "Launch Your Own Magazine: A Guide for Succeeding in Today's Marketplace," published by Hamblett House, Inc. and "Selling Content: The Step-by-Step Art of Packaging Your Own Magazine," published by Kendall Hunt. He is the editor of The Future of Magazines.