NAPL, PIA/GATF Schedules Management Education Program for June
PARAMUS, N.J. -- The NAPL and PIA/GATF Management & Leadership Institute, the industry's most comprehensive management education and leadership development program, returns to the campus of Waukesha County Technical College, Pewaukee, Wis., on June 19-23, 2006.
For the third consecutive year, the Management & Leadership Institute (MLI) maximizes benefits to attendees by featuring the best elements of NAPL's Management Institute and PIA/GATF's Leadership Institute.
"Hundreds of the industry's future leaders have honed their management skills at PIA/GATF's executive development programs," stresses Michael Makin, president and CEO of PIA/GATF. "And by partnering with NAPL, we can offer the industry even better opportunities to acquire the knowledge and skills that will help their managers and their companies succeed in the 21st century."
"To help their companies advance in today's increasingly challenging business environment, graphic communications managers must have top-notch leadership and management skills," says Joseph P. Truncale, CAE, NAPL president and chief executive officer. "The MLI program is unparalleled in its ability to help them develop those skills."
This year's program reflects that focus, with the addition to the program of the newly updated Graphic Communications Management: Strategic Thinking for 21st Century Printing Management course. Led by Frank Romano, noted author and professor emeritus, Rochester Institute of Technology, the course focuses on how new, emerging, and veteran managers can identify and develop meaningful strategies to help their companies grow and thrive in an ever-changing marketplace.
Brand new for 2006 is Financial Management II, a graduate-level course that builds on the experience, skills, and knowledge of graphic communications industry financial professionals.
In all, the 2006 Management and Leadership Institute offers five concurrent courses:
• Graphic Communications Management: Strategic Thinking for 21st Century Printing Management: For new, emerging, or veteran managers, this course offers insights and strategies for every aspect of managing today's printing organization, including sales, customer service, workflow management, and financial analysis.
• Financial Management I: For managers or executives charged with the company's financial planning and operations, this interactive program offers tools for effective broad-based financial administration.
• Financial Management II (prerequisite course, Financial Management I): This new, upper-level course is designed to help busy, experienced managers stay current with important trends and concepts.
• Production Management: Managers with overall production responsibility or those headed towards that role will learn the keys to maximizing resources and practical methods for effectively managing all phases of production and revolving conflicts between departments (such as sales and production).
• Sales Management: Sales managers and sales professionals will gain the tools, knowledge, and concepts they need to get the most from their sales team's efforts.
Tuition is $2,995, substantially discounted for members of PIA/GATF or NAPL ($1995). Attendees from the same company also qualify for an additional discount. For more information, call Diane Koch, PIA/GATF, at 412-259-1803 or Susan Reif, NAPL, at 800-642-6275 ext. 1350. To register, contact NAPL at 800-642-6275, Option 4.
About PIA/GATF: PIA/GATF is the world's largest graphic arts trade association representing an industry with more than 1.2 million employees. It serves the interests of more than 12,000 member companies. PIA/GATF, along with its affiliates, delivers products and services that enhance the growth, efficiency and profitability of its members and the industry through advocacy, education, research and technical information.
About NAPL: Chartered in 1933, NAPL (www.napl.org) is a not-for-profit trade association serving companies in the $100 billion+ graphic communications industry. NAPL's comprehensive slate of business-building solutions provides company leaders with the strategies, insights, and guidance they can use to make informed business decisions, minimize risk, anticipate change, and profitably grow their business.