Press Release: Martha Stewart Living Celebrates 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Special Issue On Newsstands Now
NEW YORK, New York (May 12, 2016) – Martha Stewart Living magazine, the trailblazing publication in the lifestyle category, is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a Collector’s Edition special issue, available on newsstands now. Featuring stories handpicked by Martha herself, this supplement to the magazine’s regular calendar-year issues is a curated collection of favorite classic recipes, 101s and techniques for good living, and the best ideas and inspiration sourced from the magazine’s rich history.
While much has changed in the lives of Martha Stewart Living readers since the magazine launched 25 years ago, and new fans continue to discover the brand every day, what remains the same for this audience is the constant quest for creativity and self-fulfillment. Today, Martha Stewart Living reaches nearly 20 million consumers across print, digital and social platforms, remaining a vital resource for those seeking inspiration across all platforms.
“The 25th Anniversary special issue is a very meaningful compilation of my life’s work. Each and every recipe, story, and Good Thing I chose for inclusion is one that is special to me or is a favorite with my readers. It’s incredibly gratifying to look at this beautiful issue and realize the profound impact Martha Stewart Living has had on readers’ everyday lives,” said Martha Stewart.
From inventive ways to decorate the home to expert tips for your next turkey roast, the 25th Anniversary Special Issue celebrates the essence of Martha Stewart Living. Features inside this issue include:
- The Making of Martha – Born in 1941 to a couple of avid do-it-yourselfers, Martha learned to cook, sew, and garden, and repair just about anything in her Nutley, New Jersey childhood home. Look back at the people, places and events that help shape Martha’s life with a pictorial timeline following her personal and professional milestones.
- Martha’s Favorite Covers — Martha Stewart Livingcovers are beautiful and distinctive, and a few of the best are highlighted in this section. From December 2006’s beautiful holiday bulbs to July 2002’s iconic American flag cake, Martha shares her all-time favorites.
- 25 Years of Good Things – Easy, clever, and beautiful solutions can elevate the everyday. From creating simple but stunning Fourth of July cookies to finding new and different uses for herbs, this section is packed with ingenious tips and solutions.
- Martha’s Favorite 101s – The best of Martha’s go-to recipes and techniques offered with step-by-step instructions for mastering the perfect meal. Whether it’s whipping up a French omelet or creating a show-stopping pie crust, Martha has you covered.
- The Home as a Laboratory – The vision for Martha Stewart Living has always been inspired by Martha’s fascination with the how, what, and why of every story. Here, Martha shares iconic examples of how she and the magazine have shaped the way American’s have viewed their homes for the past 25 years. From making a delicate puff pastry, decorating with nature-inspired furniture or learning Martha’s clever gardening techniques – prepare to be inspired.
In conjunction with this special issue, the Martha Stewart Living digital team launched a 25-day social media campaign, #25yearsofmartha, which enabled tastemakers and fans to share what they have learned from the magazine over the past 25 years. To date, the #25yearsofmartha hashtag has garnered almost 200,000 Instagram engagements proving the power of Martha’s influence. The campaign also attracted nearly 35,000 new people to the @marthastewart Instagram handle.
"The campaign showed Martha’s immense influence over the past 25 years on everyone from tastemakers to everyday people,” says Marci Greenfield, Martha Stewart Living’s Director of Content Marketing. “The stories that the makers shared, as well as the ones from people who were compelled to share how Martha has inspired them, show the power she’s had on impacting millions of people around the word to celebrate the art of creative living.”
The social campaign and this special issue commemorate the beautiful, innovative, inspiring, creative content Martha Stewart Living has been producing over the past 25 years. Martha Stewart Living Special Collector’s Edition issue will be available in stores for $9.95 through June 27, 2016 with a circulation of 250,000 copies.
ABOUT MARTHA STEWART LIVING
With 9 million monthly readers, Martha Stewart Living has elevated the everyday of consumers for 25 years now. From expert advice to original ideas that take the reader to new heights and have real impact, Martha Stewart Living always provides readers with something to learn. With 15 million monthly video viewers and 9 million monthly social followers, MSL has captured all generations introducing the new and the now for living a more beautiful life. Additional information about MSL is at www.marthastewart.com.
ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for more than 110 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms – including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile, tablets and video – to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith’s National Media Group reaches an audience of over 200 million monthly, including 100 million unduplicated women and nearly 75 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is the leader in creating content across media platforms in key consumer interest areas such as food, home, parenthood and health through well-known brands such as Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Shape and Allrecipes. The National Media Group features robust brand licensing activities, including over 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. Meredith Xcelerated Marketing is a leading content-powered consumer engagement agency that provides integrated marketing solutions for many of the world’s top brands, including Kraft, Lowe’s, Chrysler and NBC Universal.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 owned or operated television stations reaching 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 – including Atlanta, Phoenix, St. Louis and Portland – and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce approximately 660 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.