Randall Rothenberg Reappointed President & CEO of IAB
(Press Release) NEW YORK, NY (February 22, 2011)—The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced today that Randall Rothenberg has been reappointed President and Chief Executive Officer of the leading digital trade organization.
"We're excited that Randall is taking the helm again at IAB," said Bob Carrigan, Chairman of IAB Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, IDG Communications, Inc. "During his four-year tenure, IAB became the central trade association for marketing and media. With our industry at a critical point, we are pleased that Randall's coming back to advance the work he's done to date."
"I am thrilled to be returning to IAB, to this superb team, and to a membership I feel honored to serve," Rothenberg said. "As we prepare to convene IAB's largest Annual Leadership Meeting ever, there couldn't be a more exciting time to lead this association. I'm particularly energized by the IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, the plans for an IAB Ad Lab, a groundbreaking cross-industry measurement standardization initiative, and our efforts to assure that data usage and control are negotiated fairly and transparently among trading partners, with consumer rights squarely in the forefront. This will be a great year for IAB and its members."
Rothenberg served with distinction as IAB's leader from 2007 through 2010. During that period, IAB's membership increased by more than 50 percent and its revenues more than doubled. More important, IAB's service to its member companies grew and broadened. During his tenure:
- IAB opened a public policy office that became the leading voice for industry self-regulation and consumer privacy protection in digital media
- The association launched a groundbreaking campaign to promote creative excellence in interactive brand advertising
- IAB released vital research on brand-building, advertising pricing, and metrics
- IAB's effort to standardize online measurement gained support from leading agencies, marketers, media, and their association partners
- IAB's events became the central gathering place for the digital industry
For the past month, Rothenberg has served as Executive Vice President and Chief Digital Officer at Time Inc., the largest magazine media company in the United States.