Editor's Note: Social Media and Web-First Publishing Among Issues to be Addressed at Upcoming Publishing Business Conference & Expo
With nearly 50 educational conference sessions, the 2010 Publishing Business Conference & Expo (PBC) has something for every publishing executive.
Today, we are spotlighting three sessions that are already generating a buzz among our registrants. Be sure to check out the rest of the conference agenda, highlighted by our Keynote Event: A Q&A With Steve Forbes. And don't miss next week's edition of Publishing Business Insider, as we'll be announcing PBC's full lineup of speakers. Register now and save $150 AND receive a free Sony E-reader.
Featured Magazine Session: Executive Roundtable
Tuesday, March 9, 10:00 AM to 11:15 AM
Samir Husni (aka Mr. Magazine) will lead a discussion with several high-profile magazine executives on the challenges facing publishers today, the strategies and tactics enabling their companies to thrive throughout lean times, and the opportunities facing publishers as the economy rebounds.
• Frank Anton, CEO, Hanley Wood
• Eric W. Hoffman, EVP & COO, Hoffman Media
• Samir Husni, aka Mr. Magazine
• Peggy Northrop, V.P., Global Editor-in-Chief, Reader's Digest
• Vicki Wellington, Publisher, Food Network Magazine
Moving to Web-First Publishing
Tuesday, March 9, 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Publishers are increasingly looking to the Web to drive ad dollars and generate new revenue opportunities. The challenge: transforming a print-centric company to adapt to Web-first publishing. In this session, you'll learn from leading-edge publishers, how to:
• drive your editorial teams to Web-first content models
• balance the needs of print with new digital demands
• structure your company for cross-media success
… and more.
• Chris Foster, President and COO, GIE Media
• Jerry Steinbrink, VP, Publishing, Consumer Reports
• Matt Steinmetz, Special Projects Editor, Publishing Executive magazine
How to Shift Your Strategy From Circulation to Audience Development
Monday, March 8, 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM
Publishers now realize the parallels between print and online audience development, and yet, for some, these functions continue to operate in separate silos. This session will show you how to shift from a silo-ed strategy to a centralized one. You'll also learn:
• how to reposition your team from print/circ-centric to audience-centric, understanding that growing and serving the company’s entire portfolio of products is priority No. 1
• how to better understand your customers, especially your core customers, and how best to market to them
• methods to identify new audiences, reach them with new products, and generate new revenue streams
… and more.
• Anne Drobish, Associate Audience Development Director, NewBay Media
• Christine Oldenbrook, VP Audience Development, UBM Global Trade
• Heidi Spangler, Audience Development Director, Questex Media
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Publishing Business Conference & Expo (PBC) is guaranteed to arm you with fresh new strategies, tips and tactics to help you and your company evolve, profit and thrive in a shifting publishing marketplace. PBC addresses the technology AND the business of publishing better than any other event.
WHEN: March 8-10, 2010
WHERE: NYC Marriott Marquis
WHY: To learn and lead ... or get left behind!
View the conference agenda here.
In addition to the dynamic conference agenda, attendees see the latest publishing solutions and innovations in an exhibit hall fully staffed with nearly 100 world-class suppliers, including Bang Printing, PageSuite, Texterity, Total Printing Systems, Univenture, Worldcolor and many more.
Book and magazine publishing executives can register here.
For information on sponsoring/exhibiting contact Mike Cooper, Exhibit Sales Manager, 215-238-5434, email@example.com, or your Book Business or Publishing Executive sales representative.