Wall Street Journal Launches Video Channel for YouTube, Lifestyle Show
(Press Release) New York, Feb 1, 2012—The Wall Street Journal today launched a dedicated channel for YouTube, featuring on-demand content from the Journal's growing stable of video programming. In conjunction with the launch, the channel will showcase "Off Duty," a daily lifestyle show debuting today based on the eponymous section of WSJ Weekend, the Journal's Saturday paper.
Hosted by Wall Street Journal reporter Wendy Bounds, "Off Duty" will bring to life many of its namesake's features, as well as other culture coverage from the Journal -- from food to fashion, music and movies, travel to tech. The show will air each business day at 6 p.m. ET on WSJ.com and WSJ Live, the Journal's interactive video application, followed immediately by on-demand availability on YouTube and additional channels. Live episodes begin Monday, February 6.
Episodes of "Off Duty" will regularly feature a range of topics presented by reporters and editors from across the Journal and Dow Jones, including:
- Regular contributions from Journal critics and columnists including Joe Morgenstern (film), Jim Fusilli (music), Dan Neil (auto) and Lettie Teague (wine);
- Recipe how-to's from Off Duty's "Slow Food Fast" columnist Kitty Greenwald along with "WSJ Test Kitchen";
- "Heard on the Runway" with a round-up of the week's fashion news and trends;
- "WSJ After Hours" offering an insider's look at the newest trends, social scenes and fashion statements of New York City nightlife;
- Additional segments focused on special events such as Fashion Week, the Grammy Awards, Academy Awards and more.
Launch week will include special segments in preparation for upcoming Super Bowl XLVI, with a roundtable of Journal sports reporters on-site in Indianapolis; a sit-down with the creators of Animal Planet's annual "Puppy Bowl"; an interview with celebrity chef Donatella Arpaia discussing tips for a successful party spread; and more. In addition, the Journal's Lee Hawkins sits down with four successful music acts to discuss how they are confronting the industry's dramatic changes - including Paul Stanley of Kiss, Grammy Award-winner Cee-Lo Green, multi-platinum rapper Soulja Boy, and global dance group Far East Movement.