From the Editor: Your Outlook for 2012
1. Mobile app solutions and services (39%)
2. Digital editions solutions (37%)
3. Web publishing tools (30%)
4. E-mail marketing/newsletter solutions (27%)
5. Social media services (22%)
6. E-commerce solutions (21%)
7. Magazine printing services (21%)
8. Production/workflow/scheduling systems (20%)
9. Paper (19%)
10. Content/digital asset management tools (18%)
11. Circulation/fulfillment/database systems (18%)
Publishing Executive News!
I'm also pleased to announce the promotion of Matt Steinmetz to publisher and of James Sturdivant to managing editor. We also welcome Brian Howard, contributing editor, to our team.
Many of you know our new publisher from his years on Publishing Executive's editorial staff and his role in helping to run the Publishing Business Conference and Expo. Matt's business savvy led him into sales, and his rapid success led to his promotion to publisher. We are looking forward to Matt's business prowess to ensure the continued growth of this magazine and its related products.
James' features have regularly ranked among your favorites in our reader surveys, and he has contributed significantly and, I'm pleased to say, will contribute even more to our digital expansion, and editorial content, direction and growth.
Brian is a longtime writer/editor, whose career includes positions with Target Marketing magazine (where I used to work with him), editor-in-chief of Philadelphia's City Paper, and editor of a national music magazine and of an urban sustainability magazine. I'm thrilled to bring Brian's experience, intelligence and creativity to Publishing Executive.